DISCUSSION FORUM

Central force motion

Central force motion

by Deleted user -
Number of replies: 3

If an impulse is given to some body orbiting around any  other body and I want to know that why there is no change in the potential energy while there is a change in the radial energy

Book mechanics 

Sheet problem page no 04.22 , in option b only radial energy is increased and there is no change in the potential energy that is central force potential energy or centrifugal force potential energy

but when it comes to example number 3  next to this question it says that if an impulse is given to somebody revolving around someone another body and if an impulse is given to that that in this example it says that the potential energy changes but in previous question the central force potential energy and the centrifugal force potential energy does not changes why there is such difference

In reply to Deleted user

Re: Central force motion

by TRAJECTORY EDUCATION -

dear manoj

It is basically the mathematical expression of effective potential which does not change. The value of the potential will off course change as they are function of r.The expression of effective potential  depends on involved constants like angular momentum, force constants, mass. These quantities donot change when body is given impulse in radial direction.

In reply to TRAJECTORY EDUCATION

Re: Central force motion

by Deleted user -

Sorry Sir But I m not able to catch this 

Why there is difference in example 2 and 3 page no 04.22 of mechanics sheet 

When in both cases the impulse is given in radial direction sir. Could u please help me to catch this